(click on "GeoAction/GAW Resources")
With help from the Utah & Hawaii Geographic Alliances, I have created a document with live links that is a one-stop guide to all types of activities and support for Geography Awareness Week.
The Utah Geographic Alliance website is hosting the document at the above site....The Hawaii Geographic Alliance has graciously let me use the format and some of their links for this document as well. The activities and suggested links are mainly geared to Utah teachers/core curriculum, but all are welcome to use the ideas collected here. Ideas for Geography Awareness Week:
- Join/sign up for Geography Alliance, MyWonderfulWorld, GeoAction! memberships and newsletters.
- See Geography Awareness Week /Utah geography core curriculum connections
- Links to free downloadable, Big Map and lesson plans
- Register for National Geographic Bee competition
- Children's literature connections for Geography Awareness Week
- Attend Utah regional GeoFests/teacher development activities
- Download FREE geography of Europe lesson plans!!
- Ideas for Geography Awareness Week activities
Make a BIG MAP, share ideas, watch videos, listen to music, read books all about Europe.....Enjoy and help celebrate Geography Awareness Week!!